Baton Rouge DMV | Duplicate Titles
Owning a motor vehicle is a good accomplishment. And this accomplishment is evidenced by your auto title. Your title is proof that you are the owner. Keeping your title in a safe place is a must. Many people however lose their title or misplace the auto title. In this instance you need to file for lost title or get a duplicate auto title. These terms are used synonymously. So if this happens to be you and you need to replace your title, then you visit Lobdell Auto Title Baton Rouge’s no wait DMV.
Please note, the following parties are allowed to request a duplicate title:
- The last registered owner of the vehicle.
- A person granted power of attorney for the last registered owner.
- A curator for the last registered owner if he or she is determined to be interdicted and thus incapable of handling the transaction.
- A bankruptcy trustee.
- The recorded lienholder for the vehicle.
- A representative for a corporation that has a legitimate interest in the vehicle.
What Do You Need To Bring With You?
You must apply for your duplicate vehicle title in person. Come to Lobdell Auto Title your no wait Baton Rouge DMV.
To request a duplicate title, you’ll need to submit:
- A completed Vehicle Application (Form DPSMV 1799) to your nearest OMV office.
- A copy of your Louisiana registration certificate.
- If you’re unable to include a copy of any previous registration certificate, please include a note stating this. If you fail to do so, the process will be delayed and the LA OMV may reject your application.
- Payment for the duplicate title fees: